I'm sitting here going through old pictures on iPhoto and just reminiscing about my blog and how far I've come. Blogging has taught me so much over the years, like how my sister is a damn good photographer and also how damn annoying I might have been. Have I ever mentioned that for, like, over a year she was my main photographer? I would drag her out the door, her with or without shoes, and around the neighborhood for the best lighting and background. It was countless months of struggling over the camera and us yelling at each other because I couldn't figure out the bokeh on my camera or the right angle. 

I'm going to share some old photos (not the cringeworthy ones...) with you because it makes me happy to see how far this blog has taken me and this journey I'm so grateful to be on.

It basically started when I got my first "real" camera. My dad got it for me for one of my birthdays a few years back. I was hooked. For the first couple months it was pictures of flowers, tree, you know. I was blogging at this time, about my new room, trends in beauty, and other random things I found entertaining. I had those crappy iPhone outfit pictures and decided I needed to upgrade to outfit pictures with my real camera. From that point on, it was me, my camera, and my sister. My camera was with me  all the time. Weekend Starbucks runs were accompanied by my Nikon and my sister would take outfit pictures for me on the sidewalk. It's been a long and difficult, at times, journey of these outfit pictures and figuring everything out and what looked the best. I spent hours online on my favorite blogs and tried to figure out the style of photography and all that. 


Since the beginning, I've learned real time management and commitment. I have been so dedicated to this blog and making it the best it can be. I've learned to commit long periods of time researching and using trial and error to figure out photography and the whole blogging "thing". It has been the greatest thing I've decided to do. I'm so happy I began blogging and I can't imagine having a life without being able to come here and connect with people who share the same interests as me.

Now that my sister is in college, I'm happy that I have a couple professional photographers to turn to for my blog, but I would never go back and only have used professionals. I think the trail and error of my blog and photography by my sister and me has taught me so much and I wouldn't give it up for the world!























This post has been SO long. But to sum it all up, thanks for reading for this far. It can only get better from here.

xoxo

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It's rare to find bloggers who will own up to their humble beginnings and it makes me feel like someone understands what I'm going through with starting a blog.

    Xoxo,
    Amanda
    trulyyoursa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, starting a blog is so difficult. The beginning is definitely a struggle but it's just so fun:)
      xo

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram