I have honestly been a bad DC citizen for the entirety of my life. I've been wishing I lived in NYC for years because of the trendy spots and cool cafés, but (I know this is silly) I just realized that DC has so much to offer. I just realized. A little late to the game. Anyway, since my cousins were coming down I was trying to find some cool places to go for brunch and stumbled upon some awesome cafés and restaurants. This led me to following some DC food Instagrams and before long, I created my own (@stylebysallieats). So here is a little guide for some quality places to eat in DC:

Paul Bethesda: Paul is a French chain bakery/café that is SO delicious. Their location in Bethesda is the one I constantly go to, but I've been to one in NYC and one in South Beach, Miami. My favorite is the quinoa, salmon. and lemon salad (pictured below). I also always get one of my all time favorite desserts (besides cannolis), a strawberry tarlet.




Above was brunch at Paul with my sister and daddy. I got an iced coffee and strawberry eclair. AMAZING!


(Yes, I got the same meal twice.)

sweetgreen Bethesda: I love any sweetgreen, but this one has amazing natural light and I love the vibe in Bethesda. There's also a sweetgreen in Georgetown that I love going to. Pictured below, I got a romaine lettuce, parmesan, quinoa, onion, balsamic vinaigrette, and garbanzo bean salad. Delicious!


Fruitive: When my cousins came down, I found this awesome, trendy spot called Fruitive. Their menu looks amazing and i really want to try it for lunch sometime, but the other day we went for breakfast. We all got smoothie bowls which were incredible. This smoothie bowl was made of cashew milk, blueberries, strawberries, açai, and banana, topped with granola, blueberries, strawberries, and banana. So good!


Centrale: This trendy spot in downtown DC is really good. I'm going today, as a matter of fact, but I've only been once before. I got a vegetarian burger with fries and it was delicious!


Breadfurst: This little bread café opened next to a gas station and apartment building a few years back, but don't be deceived: it's amazing. I'd recommend a latte and donut, but their various pastries look like heaven.




Le Pain Quotidien (Massachusetts Avenue and Georgetown locations): I love Le Pain and find my way to one often. I'm obsessed with the avocado toast and various iced teas.



Politics and Prose: Located on Connecticut Avenue, near Comet Pizza (another favorite), Politics and Prose is the perfect combination: books and coffee. I love the vibe of the coffeehouse, where people are talking, working, or reading, and drinking cappuccinos.


 Guapos: This Mexican place has been a favorite for so many years. Their Mexican rice is too DIE for. It's also really fun to go and sit near the bar at a high table, to watch hockey games.


 Homemade Meals: Since I live in DC, I thought I'd throw in two meals that my cousins and I prepared when they were down here. For lunch on Wednesday, we made smoothie bowls from peaches, cashew/almond milk, berry medley, and raspberries, topped with mango, granola, banana, and strawberries. the second picture is a shot of the vegan cinnamon rolls we made one morning. Well, don't tell anyone, but we "made" them from a package we got at Giant.



Indigo House: Like the Bethesda spots, this place is located in Maryland, but it's so worth it. Plus, it is barely outside of DC, so I recommend it for sure. It's right off of Macarthur Blvd and is delicious. I love the fried rice, but pictured below is the house salad and vegetable spring rolls. SO good.


xoxo

1 comment

  1. Please take me to DC <3 Everything looks so amazing

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram