I'm determined to make this summer the best one yet. It the last summer before I go to college and I want to really make it count. I've compiled a bucket/to-do list of things that I really want to stick to and go for this summer.


1. Turn off my phone:
There are some days when I leave the house without my phone to go to lunch or dinner or something and it's the most refreshing feeling. When I have my phone with me, there's always something to check, but when I turn it off or leave it at home, there's a certain freedom.

2. Listen to more country music:
I'm a huge country music fan and summer is my favorite time to listen to it. I want to go to a country concert or two as well!

3. Drive aimlessly at sunset:
There's something so peaceful about driving with the windows down at sunset. I love doing this alone, but it's even more fun with friends. I'll definitely be doing this at the beach!

4. Eat lots of fruit:
I'm a fruit gal. I eat of ton of fruit and I want to continue to! It makes me feel happier and healthier. I cannot express how much more energetic and happier I have felt in the past few months, when I have really been thinking more about what I'm eating. I stopped drinking soda completely about six months ago and it's a life changer! I feel so great just drinking water and coffee.

5. Drink a ton of water:
To continue on this healthy eating/drinking rant, drinking basically only water has definitely changed how I feel! It's so important and it makes me feel amazing! I totally recommend giving up soda, etc, if you feel inclined.

6. Say yes:
This is one that I really want to give a try. I want to just say yes to everything. I am the type of person who's super lazy and would rather stay in. This summer I really want to take advantage of every moment and go out with friends and have a ton of plans.

7. Text an old friend:
Since it's my last summer before college, I feel like it's the perfect time to hang out with someone from elementary school or middle school.

8. Keep a journal:
This is one that I've been trying so hard to do. I kept an art journal during the beginning of senior year and it was so fun. I would love to document my everyday adventures to look back on later on. It's so relaxing to sit down and listen to music and draw or watercolor or write!

9. Do more watercolors:
My AP Art concentration was with watercolors and I would love to keep doing it!

10. Read:
There was a point during junior year and the beginning of senior year where I was bringing a book everyday to school and reading during my frees. Once senior year got insane and I had too much work to deal with, I stopped bringing my book. I would love to pick up the habit again, because it's the best feeling to have a book that you can't put down.

11. Hike:
Hiking is a lot of fun and I really want to do more of it this summer.

12. Workout at least three days a week:
I haven't been able to work out during the school year, because I ride six days a week and have had a ton of homework, but working out makes me feel so much better, so I really want to start running or something again!

13. Try out new brunch spots:
Of course I had to include something about my favorite meal! When my cousin was in town, I realized how many cool spots their are in the area for brunch. I would love to try out more places!

14. Paddle board yoga:
I have always wanted to try yoga on a paddle board and I thought it would be the perfect activity to try with a friend this summer!

15. Post five days a week:
I really want to post five days a week this summer. I was doing it almost every day for a while and it was so much fun! I figure that once I have more time, I'll be able to do it a lot.

16. No makeup:
Ok, obviously I'm going to wear makeup sometimes, but I really want to go no makeup more this summer. Lately, I've been skipping makeup and it makes my skin feel so fresh and amazing! While I feel a little bit insecure without it, it makes my skin not feel so clogged and gross.

17. Play tennis:
I used to play tennis and I really loved it. I'm considering trying out for the tennis team in college next year, so I definitely want to play a lot this summer!

What's on your bucket list?!

xoxo

1 comment

  1. I love your goals. I've been putting my phone away when I've been with friends recently. I always have such a great time with my friends without being on my phone. I texted an old friend the other day. It felt great to reconnect with her. Also, I need to read more. I have my summer reading to tackle first. What are you currently reading?

    Http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram